UK couple aboard a motorhome

Motorhome Insurance

Get covered by a top UK insurer.

Click here to compare motorhome insurance quotes!

Motorhome insurance is just like car insurance in a way but they are two different types of vehicle. A motorhome can contain a lot of expensive equipment and personal goods, and spend long periods just sat on a drive, unlike a car that is used daily. Also many are used for long holidays in Europe, and so cover for driving abroad can be an important issue.

Motorhome Insurers

Devitt Insurance Symbol


Recommended by the Caravan and Motor Club for more than 40 years, insurance broker Devitt claim a 90% renewal rate for their campervan and motorhome policies, which is an exceptional figure. Their standard policy offers a payment towards paying for alternative accommodation for up to 15 nights if your motorhome is unusable because of an insured event. You can cover your bags, belongings, and detatchable fittings and European cover can be extended up to a full 365 days. If your van is off the road for repairs caused by an accident they will not provide another motorhome but you can claim for a car to keep you on the road. Left hand drive vehicles can be covered and you may qualify for a discount if you have completed an approved training course.

Click here to visit the site

Comfort Insurance Symbol

Comfort Insurance

Comfort Insurance are insurance giant Aviva's chosen outlet for their motorhome insurance. The company behind Comfort is Victor Millwell Insurance Agency Limited which has been in business since 1979 and claims over 30 years experience of providing motorhome cover. Apart from standard purpose built motorhomes they will consider professional van conversions, American RVs (which tend to me much bigger and more expensive than European ones) and they will quote for race trucks - motorhomes converted to carry a vehicle, whether this is a racing vehicle or a family car. Breakdown cover is an optional extra and can only be bought as an extra, and not as a separate policy.

Click here to visit the site

CCC Insurance Symbol

Camping and Caravanning Club

The Camping and Caravanning Club partner with Kingfisher Insurance Services Limited (trading, in this instance, as Club Care) as their recommended broker for motorhome insurance. They claim more than 50 years experience of arranging and underwriting insurance schemes. Under their banner are a number of brands that they control or partner with, with specialities ranging from motor insurance to surety bonds. This means that they are not a specialist motorhome insurer full stop, but they can also be flexible in providing other non-motorhome cover if need be. They may cover Northern Ireland residents (members only), and optional extras on top of a standard policy include medical, personal accident, awnings, key, and up to 365 days European use.

Click here to visit the site

Adrian Flux Insurance Symbol

Adrian Flux

In business since 1973, Adrian Flux claims to have about a thousand staff servicing about 600,000 policies, and may be the biggest specialist insurance broker in Britain. They will quote for rarer vehicles such as imports and conversions - whether amateur or professional - with European trips of up to 90 days (the maximum for UK residents after Brexit) possible. Since the conditions of these vehicles can vary considerably they can agree a value of yours in the event of total loss, rather than rely on average book value. Left hand drive is not seen as an issue and specialist policies can be arranged for VW Campers, Japanese imports or modified vans or buses.

Click here to visit the site

Caravanguard Insurance Symbol

Caravan Guard

Caravanguard are backed by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc, a major British insurer with more than 13,000 employees in 2021. They will cover standard purpose built motorhomes or those converted by recognised professional converters, but not self-converted or self-built models. UK roadside assistance through AXA Assistance to get your van repaired on the spot or taken to a repair shop is standard whilst in the UK, and this can be extended to European travel as an optional extra. Legal expenses, public liability and emergency accommodation cover are also standard. Cover for European travel for up to 9 months (no more than 180 days in any one country) is an option. Discounts may be available for fitting reversing cameras or parking sensors, membership of an approved club, on-vehicle security systems and secure home storage arrangements.

Click here to visit the site

Important! Please read our disclaimer.
Suggestions, corrections, requests for inclusion? Contact us!

Home       About Us       Privacy Policy      Terms & Conditions

Copyright © 2021 Prudent Plus Ltd All Rights Reserved
All logos are the copyrighted property of their respective owners.
ukinsurancedirectory.co.uk is a trading style of Prudent Plus Ltd of Booths Hall, Booths Park, Chelford Road Knutsford WA16 8GS. Our company is registered in England no. 10104295.

We are registered with the Financial Conduct Authority; reference number: 765239

British Insurance Brokers Association Logo

Members: British Insurance Brokers Association

Our opening hours are: Monday to Thursday 9.00am to 6.00pm; Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm; Saturday 9.00am to 12.30pm. Closed Sundays.

However; our website is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year (we give it a day off every leap year)!

We do not give financial advice on this website. If in doubt get professional advice and always read the policy information before purchasing an insurance contract.